Difference Between Tape-Style Adult Diapers And Pant-Style Adult Diapers
Summary: It is vital to choose the right adult diaper for meeting varied requirements. Consider all important factors to make sure that you buy a proper fitting diaper that doesn’t leak.
Incontinence is a serious problem but manageable. Elders are embarrassed to even speak about it. However, it is a common condition among a large number of elderly populace, mainly senior citizens.
How to Choose Adult Diapers
Primarily, adult diapers are designed for individuals suffering from incontinence or similar problems. Available in various sizes, shapes, and forms, wearing adult diapers increase mobility in adults with incontinence.
There are a wide range of adult diapers for the elderly and middle-aged patients available in the market that strive to provide comfort to patients suffering from incontinence.
The choice of the right adult diapers should be absolutely the user’s discretion, such as easy to wear, good fit, comfort etc.
When incontinence is an issue, pant style diapers also called as pull-ups are optimum for anyone who can go to the bathroom or a portable toilet. For others who have trouble getting to the bathroom, tape-on diapers are better. However, the choice depends entirely on the user.
There are two types of adult diapers:
- Tape-style diapers
- Pant-style diapers
The type of diaper you choose depends on the level of mobility. As patients with incontinence suffer from mobility issues and are often bedridden, they need a caregiver or assistance for their day-to-day activities. For such people, tape-style diapers are the best choice. However, it requires some assistance to wear tape-style diapers.
Patients who are relatively active i.e. who can sit walk and stand either by themselves or with support (stick/walker/human support) and have incontinence trouble, can opt for pant-style diapers. One can wear it themselves without assistance.
Tape-Style Diapers vs. Pant-Style Diapers for those who are mobile and not completely bed ridden: The Difference
- For wearing tape style, user need to lie on bed in order to seek help from the care giver’s (which gives them feeling of sick or like baby) whereas Pant style diapers can be easily worn by self just like an underwear (it brings in confidence and will to life)
- After wearing tape style diapers, users usually prefer to urinates in the diaper itself even if he/she had intention to go to toilet due to concern of following the whole process of wearing again. However, in case of Pants style diaper if user wants to urinates in Toilet she/he can simply pull down the pants and pull it up himself without calling for support.
- Pant style diapers have very good fitting which not only support confidence to go out in diapers but also facilitates easy of walking, however, tape style diapers are big and bulky and can clearly be seen from outside clothes
- Pant-style diapers, in many ways, are similar to regular underwear, which maintains dignity.
The product you choose depends on your condition and requirement of the user.
Who would change your diaper – you or your caregiver?
This is an important question. Depending on your condition, here are the possibilities:
- Self Change: If you are mobile and mostly independent, if not entirely, the pant-style diaper should be fine for your daily use. It is a relatively easier option. You can change it anytime you want. It also ensures your dignity is maintained.
- Caregiver: However, for immobile patients, a caregiver has to change diapers. In such cases, tap-style diapers are easier to manage during the changing time.
What are the Best Diapers for Adults?
The best diaper for an adult depends on the needs/mobility conditions of an individual. As everyone is different, with different requirements, the choice varies.
However, that does not mean you should not try out different types of adult diapers available on the market. Certainly, you should.
Advice for First-time Users
First-time users, depending on mobility, should choose lightweight Pant diapers that feel like underwear. Pant style diapers do not show under regular clothing. Users can enjoy their life, get out with confidence, and forget embarrassment.
Advice for Mild Incontinence
Pant style adult diapers are thinner compared to tapes and provides good fit and prevents leakage as a result it does not show through everyday clothing and quickly absorb leakage and are an excellent choice for mild incontinence. These diapers are made of high-quality materials to lock in moisture and leave the surface dry and fresh.
Consider The Following When You Choose:
- Price: The price of adult diapers can vary a lot, which is surprising. It is mainly because of the quality of diapers, level of absorbency, comfort, and protection. The size and capacity of diapers also determine the price. Then, there is a difference in price between pant-style and tape-style diapers. If you are buying adult diapers for the first time, go for the best quality like Japan’s No.1 Lifree Extra Absorb Pants understand the best fit for your requirement.
- Size: When you want incontinence protection, size is a crucial factor. If the diaper were too big or small, you would not get adequate protection. In addition, the discomfort would add to the troubles. Most adult diapers mention the size based on waist sizes. You have to get it correct. Read the descriptions carefully to understand the sizing.
- Absorbency: The type of absorbency you are looking for and leakage protection you need are important as well. There are Light, Moderate, Heavy, and Overnight adult diapers to consider depending on light leaks to heavy leaks and fecal incontinence.
Always choose the right type of adult diaper, and don’t forget to consider the size and absorbency levels based on this guide.