Do you Need to Switch to Better Adult Diapers?
Urinary incontinence is an uncomfortable medical condition but you need to find ways to manage the situation. Adult diapers are the best way to deal with the symptoms of urinary incontinence. The exertion the medical condition creates, on those suffering from it, and their caregivers drastically decrease with the use of adult diapers.
Urinary incontinence usually occurs in old age. However, nowadays, middle-aged people are also facing this medical issue. 15 to 20% of the elderly are affected by urinary incontinence. The statistics for those with chronic medical conditions can increase up to 70 percent. Obesity, multiple pregnancies, surgeries, medications like diabetic drugs are the main reasons behind this medical condition. Strokes and cognitive impairment are other medical reasons for urine incontinence.
There is nothing to feel awkward about wearing an adult diaper. They are simply products manufactured to uplift the quality of life. Adult diapers can give freedom to a person with urine incontinence. They are an excellent way to enjoy life without apprehension about urine leakage. They also reduce the need to go to the bathroom frequently. With adult diapers, you can effectively manage your life. If you use adult diapers or your loved one does, please note the following dos and don’ts for their optimal use.
1. Use the genuine brands available in the market. Adult diapers with high absorbent quality are better for longer periods. However, they are more expensive than less absorbent ones that need to be changed frequently. Use the brand that suits your needs best and makes you feel comfortable to carry out the day-to-day activity. If you are going out, then you should prefer longer use ones. If you generally stay at home, then the less expensive ones that need to be changed frequently will suit your need.
2. Make sure that you are using diapers of the correct size. Too large a size increases the chances of leakage. A small size will be uncomfortable and tight to wear. It is better to keep a stock of diapers at home.
3. While traveling, you should always ensure that you have enough diapers to cover you for the entire trip, as adult diapers are not always readily available in the market, especially in smaller towns.
4. If the diapers start to feel wet, change your diaper as soon as possible to avoid leakage. A wet diaper can cause skin rashes and infections. Use skincare products to cure skin rashes.
5. Proper care must be taken to maintain hygiene and self-care.
6. You can also use disinfectant wipes when changing diapers for self-care.
7. Consider wearing a large absorbent diaper when you urinate more at night for sound and comfortable sleep.
1. Don’t wear a diaper for a longer time than recommended.
2. It is better to check out the different brands in the market. Do not change the diaper frequently as it becomes difficult to know the correct size.
3. Please don’t prefer sanitary napkins instead of diapers. The absorbent properties of both are different.
4. Don’t flush used diapers in the commode.
5. Avoid wearing a diaper that is wet for longer than required. It will cause skin rashes.
You can compare the various options for adult diapers available in the market and pick the one that suits you. After an initial process of trial and error, stick to one brand. You can look at Lifree which comes in a wide variety of sizes. The diapers are made of highly absorbent material and are guaranteed to keep you dry and comfortable for a long time.